Press Release 12/28/15 (Kent, Connecticut)– The Kent Memorial Library in Kent is among 26 Litchfield County nonprofit organizations receiving funds from KentPresents, the annual ideas festival which held its inaugural event in Kent in August.

The $8,000 grant has been used to upgrade the library’s technology infrastructure, with new computers, updated software, newer wireless technology and an upgraded cable connection. According to Donna Miller, Library Director, “This grant gives our users faster computers, internet speeds and wireless connections for their laptops, tablets and other wireless devices in the Library. We are extremely appreciative of this grant and thank Donna and Ben Rosen for their vision to bring this type of forum to the Town of Kent.”

In the past two years the Kent Library has had extensive capital expenses. A total of $80,000 has been used for upgrading building and technology infrastructures, including boiler and furnace replacements, a new roof and gutters, expensive plumbing repairs and replacing the computer network. The Town does not provide the Library with capital funds, and only 30% of its operating budget comes from the Town. The Library is constantly fundraising to meet the other 70% of its operating budget and to absorb continuing capital expenses that arise.

The Kent Memorial Library is one of the town’s most important cultural resources. Its mission is to enrich the lives of individuals and the community by providing materials, programs, and services to encourage reading, learning and imagination. The Kent Memorial Library is located at 32 North Main Street, Kent, Connecticut. Visit kentmemoriallibrary.org for more information.